BetterUp is a mobile-based human transformation platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels of an organization. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, employees thrive personally, and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our solution was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists to bring evidence-based learning to professionals everywhere. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like the USAF, NASA, Mars, Chevron, ABinBev, and the FAA. Let’s build together!
BetterUp is currently seeking high-energy, enterprise sales professionals who possess a deep understanding of business, the federal government, a healthy intellectual curiosity, and a proven track record of exceeding past sales targets.
BetterUp Account Executives (AE) engage with decision-makers & executives within the Federal Government to generate new business revenue. AEs are quota-carrying reps responsible for the full sales cycle. They are expected to build rapport with senior-level Government executives, advising them on best practice solutions, and strategically manage the sales opportunity using a consultative sales approach to present solutions mapped to BetterUp offerings.
Successful BetterUp AE’s are goal-oriented, driven professionals who are passionate about helping others realize their full potential through professional development, enterprise learning, and positive psychology.
At BetterUp you’ll have an opportunity to work in an exciting culture, surrounded by talented, motivated, and intellectually stimulating colleagues who thrive on helping executives to solve their most pressing business challenges.
- Manage multiple Government opportunities through the entire cycle simultaneously, working with cross-functional teams as necessary, and serve as the primary customer contact for all adoption-related activities.
- Lead senior Government decision-makers into purchasing and deploying BetterUp through a consultative sales approach.
- Work with multiple acquisition program decision-makers to create demand in the agency as you leverage the buying cycle.
- Execute a consultative sales methodology.
- Proactively prospect, network, create the need, and build a pipeline.
- Create and execute on a minimum of 11 first meetings per month.
If you have some or all of the following please apply:
- Minimum 7 years of sales experience (with 5+ years of quota carrying, large enterprise software sales experience) within the Federal government vertical
- Track record of over-achieving (top 10-20% of the company)
- 4-year college degree required / advanced degree is a plus
- Familiarity with the Federal human resources function and HR consulting space is a huge asset- selling to CHRO/CLO/CFO is preferred
- Prior sales methodology training (Challenger Sale preferred)
- An unrelenting drive to learn, succeed and lead by example
- Exceptional presentation, written and verbal communication skills, empathy, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Technically savvy (familiarity with sales automation tools) and specifically skilled using Salesforce.com to manage sales cycles
- Process-driven, meticulously organized, and self-motivated
- Ability to adapt and iterate on your sales motion as you navigate a startup selling environment
- Attention to creating agreements with prospects to build a project plan and represent that outcome via strong forecasting cadence
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Full coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, STD, and LTD insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- 13 paid holidays
- 4 BetterUp Inner Workdays (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.