About the opportunity
As a Territory Account Executive, you’ll drive Contentful’s growth by leading the end-to-end sales process from prospecting to close. You’ll be instrumental in driving net new revenue and uncovering upsell opportunities with existing and new Customers. You’ll lead Customer enablement initiatives and follow a consultative sales process by speaking the language of both professional developers and business leaders. Working in partnership with our Customer Experience and Marketing teams, you’ll nurture and grow a regional Customer base in the Southern and Western European region.
What to expect?
- Work with our cross functional sales team to help drive new and existing Customers to different Contentful capabilities
- Position, negotiate, and close expansion opportunities with existing clients ($50-500K ACV) in the Benelux territory
- Meet quarterly and annual sales goals by developing an account strategy and pipeline, managing internal and client processes, maintaining sales reports, developing market and competitor knowledge, delivering presentations to Customers, and creating sales proposals.
- Prospect and develop new business opportunities across a dedicated territory. Conduct research, identify key players, and qualify inbound leads to drive new business relationships. Then sustain value-add relationships with key decision makers by becoming a trusted advisor.
- Manage RFI/RFQ requests with Contentful internal and Customer teams.
- Refine and evolve our "land-and-expand" model in collaboration with Sales, Partnerships, Marketing, and Customer Experience teams.
- Seek to understand the digital experience challenges of prospects and clients while aligning the ROI of Contentful with those challenges to ensure a value based selling approach.
- Work closely with Solution Engineers to uncover technical challenges and opportunities.
- Develop innovative proposals, position complex pricing structures and negotiate contracts and deal-closing requirements quickly and efficiently.
- Work closely with Customer experience & marketing teams to ensure that best practices of Contentful are shared and implemented at the respective Customers.
What you need to be successful?
- 4+ years of B2B SaaS sales experience in EMEA - a minimum of 3 years in a closing role
- 3+ years of experience successfully selling complex technical software
- Professional fluency in English as well as native level proficiency in Italian or Spanish
- Experience with a "land-and-expand" sales model
- Must have experience working with a territory of designated accounts within a specific region or industry.
- This role is expected to hit their goal primarily (70+%) through their own prospecting efforts with existing clients
- History selling complex technical solutions to Customers who span distinct divisions (e.g. marketing, IT, sales leadership)
- Ability to understand the Contentful APIs and discuss outcomes with multi-threaded relationships across C-level stakeholders highly technical individuals
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%)
- College degree (BA/BS)
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID pandemic.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufsen, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 400 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.