Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a Senior Event Manager to join the SIGNAL & Industry Events team to provide overall event strategy and operational support for Twilio’s flagship user conference SIGNAL. The right candidate is passionate about driving customer engagement and has a proven track record of success in leading the planning, execution, and wrap-up of large scale global events. This is an opportunity to join a growing, fun team and make a significant contribution to the concept and build of our largest customer and developer event of the year.
Twilio is looking for an exceptional leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading large scale global events. The Senior Event Manager will play a key role for our organization and will work with various collaborators across the company to develop the highest quality events and experiences. The right candidate also has:
- 7+ years of professional experience in event management or field marketing
- Excellent influencing, problem-solving, and consensus-building skills
- Strong in developing processes and automating where possible; /thinking at scale
- Superior organizational, project management, and communication skills
- Demonstrate attention to detail and proven track record to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- Create a sense of urgency where needed to stay on track with important achievements and deliverables in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Experience with managing multi million dollar budgets and multiple vendor contracts and relationships
- Ability to build strong relationships and interface effectively with all levels of management and teams across multiple departments
- Experienced in delighting customers during virtual, hybrid, and in-person events
- Experience using Google Suite, Salesforce, and Tableau.
As a Senior Event Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Develop and manage project plans, including documentation of strategy, objectives, deliverables, and timelines. Keep larger workstreams organized and assist with unblocking
- DRAW THE OWL: Ideate new ways of engaging teams in our remote environment and bring innovative solutions to complex problems.
- BE AN OWNER: Own the day to day management of event operations and partnerships that support pipeline goals and event initiatives. Step in to fill holes where needed in an ever changing event landscape.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Streamline our planning so we can focus on delivering innovative and engaging event experiences to our customers. Recommend areas we can automate or improve processes and work cross functionally to ensure program priorities are being met.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Spend the time to deeply understand our customers and solve problems from their perspective. Treat internal supporting organizations and workstreams as internal customers to ensure their needs are met and that SIGNAL maintains a strong internal reputation as being a best in class event to support and partner with.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Provide guidance and mentorship to junior team members and greater world wide field marketing organization to foster team growth and success. Identify areas of opportunity for team members to own and delegate projects as needed to maintain program progression through the planning process.
- BE BOLD: Think outside the box and push team members to bring innovative ideas and solutions to the greater team to keep our events dynamic and engaging.
The SIGNAL & Industry Events Team is responsible for growing revenue, driving pipeline and wearing our customer’s shoes. The team builds awareness of Twilio in the form of events and we strive to deliver high quality leads to our sales team.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and believe great work can be done anywhere. There will be an expectation to travel to our San Francisco headquarters office for planning with the team quarterly. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $82,496 - $113,432
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $72,184 - $99,253
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks