This position is planned to be a 6 month contract.
A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protect users and alerts them of risks.
As a Senior Technical Sourcer at Mozilla, you’ll be charged with proactively sourcing uniquely mission-motivated technical talent for our Core Products and other technical teams (including Firefox, Hubs, Pocket, Security & Privacy, Data Science, Information Technology).
Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are central to our approach, and we are weaving them into every aspect of how we recruit. We aim to create a richly diverse and equitable recruiting capability where we intentionally seek out and replace biased hiring practices of the past with objective and inclusive practices that align with our mission, manifesto, and commitments to racial
What You’ll Do
- Partner with Recruiters and Hiring Managers to understand their unique hiring needs
- Serve as a front-facing representative of Mozilla, and strive to make the first impression of our organization an exceptional one
- Proactive outreach to passive talent through LinkedIn Recruiter and other creative sourcing techniques
- Manage all Prospects and track prospect conversion metrics
What You Bring
- Demonstrated experience with Sourcing - nurturing, attracting, and engaging passive prospects
- Comfortable with simultaneously handling multiple searches
- Knowledge of core DE&I concepts and experience building sourcing strategies for technical talent that goes beyond LinkedIn Recruiter, particularly with members of diverse communities (e.g. BIPOC and LQBQTA+)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; you communicate effectively and build strong, positive relationships with candidates, hiring managers, peers, and senior leadership
- Thrives in startup culture and wears multiple hats; is not opposed to owning processes end-to-end (sourcing, scheduling, offers, and everything in between)
- Collaborative team member who builds positive business relationships
Bonus Points For:
- In-house sourcing experience in small to mid-sized consumer technology product organizations
- A builder who’s comfortable with ambiguity; you want to be a part of developing and growing something new
- Sourcing for roles outside the US (Canada, Germany, France, UK)
- Prior experience with Greenhouse Applicant Tracking System or other CRM tool
- Data savvy; you use market insights to define and guide your sourcing strategy
- Able to partner with Recruiters to deliver results while maintaining a broad perspective and ensuring global priorities are met
- A sense of urgency and ability to prioritize fast-moving, competing priorities
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request an accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.